Embedding videos on a WordPress website is a great way to add visual and interactive elements to your content. Not only can it make your website more engaging for visitors, but it can also help improve the user experience by providing a more interactive and immersive way to consume your content. There are many different video platforms that allow you to easily embed videos on your WordPress website, such as YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion. This tutorial will show you how to embed YouTube videos on your WordPress website.
Steps to Embed YouTube Video in WordPress (Easiest Way)
- Go to the YouTube video that you want to embed on your WordPress website.
- Click on the “Share” button below the video.
- Click on the “Embed” button. This will bring up a box with the HTML code for the video.
- Copy the HTML code.
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to the post or page where you want to embed the video.
- Click on the “Text” tab in the editor. This will allow you to edit the HTML code of the post or page.
- Paste the HTML code for the video where you want it to appear on the post or page.
- Click on the “Visual” tab to switch back to the visual editor. You should now see the video embedded on the post or page.
- Preview the post or page to make sure the video is displayed correctly.
- If everything looks good, click the “Publish” or “Update” button to make the changes live on your website.
That’s it! You should now have a YouTube video embedded on your WordPress website.
Plugins to Embed YouTube Videos on WordPress
WordPress websites can use different plugins to complete lengthy tasks and make your life easy. There are several plugins that you can use to embed YouTube videos on your WordPress website. Here are a few popular options:
This is a simple plugin that allows you to easily embed YouTube videos on your website using a short code.
Advanced YouTube Embed
This plugin adds more advanced features to the YouTube embed process, such as the ability to customize the player color, show or hide related videos, and more.
WP YouTube Lyte
This plugin is lightweight and allows you to embed YouTube videos using a short code or via the WordPress block editor. It also has options to lazy load the video, optimize loading times, and more.
YouTube Embed Plus
This plugin offers a variety of customization options for embedding YouTube videos, including the ability to set the player size, auto-play the video, and more.
YouTube Video Post Type
This plugin creates a custom post type specifically for YouTube videos, allowing you to manage and organize your videos in the WordPress dashboard easily.
These are just a few examples of the many YouTube embed plugins available for WordPress. You can search for more options in the WordPress plugin repository or by visiting the websites of plugin developers.